Useful Links

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How To Sell Books Online(1)

I have never been much of a fan of high-pressure sales; either as a salesman or as a consumer. It is with this perspective on home-based business "opportunities" that I set out to find one that I could do part-time to supplement my income, but one that could be scaled up if I chose to pursue it full-time. I found all the pill pushing, lotion promotion, potion sales, gadget gizmos, copy writing cons, affiliate networking, and other scams that I am sure you found too.

Ultimately, I settled for online bookselling because it did not require me to buy an inventory from a con man or to sell my books through questionable channels. It also provides every customer with a product - presuming they are literate - that matches their expectations, and whether they enjoy the book or not, I don't have to worry about whether or not they lose weight reading it.

I can sell through reputable online marketplaces like Amazon.com, Alibris.com, Half.com, and Abebooks.com, all of which are well known. I also found that it was a very inexpensive business to start and how I choose to expand it is up to me.

To be continued

No comments: